The experience people have with us, whether it be building and launching their own local markets or browsing and purchasing great products from small businesses, is essential to the success our company and the future of local economies everywhere.
We are looking for a product designer who:
- Understands how to uncover people's needs & desires, but also knows how to filter those the lens of business needs and their own sense of aesthetics/taste
- Knows that doing something the "right" way = understanding the right speed/quality trade-off for the job
- Doesn't self-identify as UX or UI, visual or experience, etc - you have a utility belt of skills and the knowledge of when to apply them (and when you don't/need help)
- Is deeply fascinated by how software products are built and has sufficient technical fluency to design experiences for technical people
- Has designed products for mass-market use - we make the complicated - simple and elegant. Anyone needs to be successful launching their marketplace on our platform
- Enjoys collaborating and regularly seeks feedback on their work - you understand the difference between a healthy level of transparency/iteration vs "design by committee"
About you. The right person likely has:
- A few years experience as a designer at a product company, with at least one of those years at a consumer-facing business or B2B business with a mass-market user base
- Experience working within a design system (and experience breaking from it when it makes sense)
- Fluency with a number of design tools, such as Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Figma, etc
- Some experience writing code/building aspects of products you've designed, likely via HTML/CSS/JS
And here is what's in it for you:
- Be a part of an exceptional team: our hiring bar is absurdly high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self- starters
- You'll be on the forefront of creating the future of the local economy. The bar might be high but the stakes have never been higher.